Book Review: Pretty Little Island


Torn between two lovers on a pretty but deadly island, London King must survive the ravages of the wilderness and a battle for her heart.


My first day at New Ocean Prep was supposed to be a fresh start. A chance to return to my hometown—leaving my ruined life behind me. My goal is simple. Keep my grades up, my head down, and focus on securing my spot in a top journalism program.

My past catches up with me as I'm drawn towards the two hottest hockey players in school. A trip to a national hockey tournament in Alaska has me investigating the truth behind what happened to a girl they tormented and killed two summers earlier.

This story has more layers than I imagined. The deeper I enter their world, the stronger our bonds become until I can’t tell whose side I’m really on.


My Review

As soon as I met Maison and Micah, I already knew I liked Micah; despite London picking Maison. For me Maison just came off a bit "too smooth".  Yes, Micah was brooding and gave off "f" you vibes, but I knew he was just being quiet assessing the situations and talking when needed. An introvert persona like me. 

So, it drove me nuts when London kept easily falling under Maison's spell. Every time that she did, I would silently scream. When she did smart up and see Micah for his real self, I did yell "About time girl". 

Just putting it out there that I dislike Nigel, Ezra, Naomi and the rest of the group. They are horrible and I hope that karma is not nice to them in the end. It is feast or famine among the group. Think Lord of the Flies but minus the cannib@lism. 

I can't wait to read book two to see how the story ends and who survives. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway