Book Review: Butcher & Blackbird


 A friends-to-lovers dark romantic comedy full of murder, chaos, and spice, unlike anything you’ve read before.


Every serial killer needs a friend.
Every game must have a winner.

When a chance encounter sparks an unlikely bond between rival murderers Sloane and Rowan, the two find something elusive—the friendship of a like-minded, pitch-black soul. From small town West Virginia to upscale California, from downtown Boston to rural Texas, the two hunters collide in an annual game of blood and suffering, one that pits them against the most dangerous monsters in the country. But as their friendship develops into something more, the restless ghosts left in their wake are only a few steps behind, ready to claim more than just their newfound love. Can Rowan and Sloane dig themselves out of a game of graves? Or have they finally met their match?

Butcher & Blackbird is the first book in the Ruinous Love Dark Romance trilogy of interconnected stand-alone dark romantic comedies. This dual POV novel ends on a HEA.

***Butcher & Blackbird is a DARK ROMANCE intended for an adult audience - please see Brynne’s website for a comprehensive list of CWs***


My Review

I have been wanting to read this book since I heard about it. In addition to the fact that after reading Marrow, I needed to read more books by this author. I am here to tell you that it did not disappoint. It is so bloody good! 

Can I say that Sloane and Rowan had a very memorable "meet cute". Yes, s#rial k!llers can have meet cutes too. Loved the idea of these two battling it out to see who would be victorious with their skill sets. I was so invested in them that there was a moment when Rowan hurt Sloane. I felt so angry that I wanted to reach into the pages of the book and "una!ive" Rowan myself.

In regard to cookies and cream ice cream, I am not turned off but just may take a second look at the ingredients next time I get ice cream. 

I am so excited to read book two and that it will be Lark and Lachlan's story. The first moment I met Lark, and she called thought Rowan was being "Keanu-mantic", I knew we would be friends. Rowan's brother, Lachlan is a hoot. The snarky comments that would come out of his mouth had me chucking. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway