An Amish Family Christmas


In Shelley Shepard Gray’s fourth book in her Charmed Amish Life series, an unlikely Amish romance reveals that Christmas is a time for family, miracles—and love. 

Ever since his father died in a tragic fire, Levi Kinsinger has felt adrift. Newly returned to Charm, Ohio, Levi is trying to fit into his old life, only to discover he seems to have outgrown it.

But when Julia, his young widowed neighbor, asks for his help with a Christmas project, Levi finds a sense of purpose for the first time in months. She and her daughter are new to Charm and could use a friend, a job Levi takes personally. Soon enough, friendship grows into attraction, but Levi can’t help having doubts. There’s something about Julia that doesn’t ring quite true…

Like Levi, Julia Kemps has survived her fair share of hardships—but only by hiding the truth of her past. Being an unmarried mother in an Amish community was unthinkable. Feeling hopeless, Julia did the only thing she could do: she moved to a new town and pretended to be a widow. But meeting Levi, she’s hopeful for the first time. Little by little, she begins to imagine telling him her darkest secret, and eventually…perhaps even sharing her life with him.

Christmas is a time for family, and as the holiday draws closer, Julia and Levi will have to face their pasts together…in order to find the healing, support and love they so desperately desire.
  

My Review

I absolutely fell in love with A Sister's Wish, the third book in this series. That book was also the first one that I had read by this author. As I stated prior that I love the town of Charm as does the author. Shelley has visited it many times and it shows. There is so much love written into these books. In was in the third book that I met Levi. I did not really know too much about him so I was very happy to see that he was the main feature in this book. Levi really does have a kind heart. I kind of saw this in the prior novel. He and Julia was so sweet together. Although, Julia's daughter, Penny was precious. I enjoyed the setting of this story being a Christmas one as it fit perfectly for the situation. Yet, as much as I liked Levi, Julia, and Penny; I was not in as much love with them as I was with Levi's sister's story in the prior novel. Still a good read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations