Little Boy Blue



Detective Inspector Helen Grace is no stranger to tragedy. But when a body is found in a Southampton nightclub, the death cuts too close to the bone. Hiding her personal connection to the victim - and a double-life which must remain secret at all costs - Helen becomes a woman possessed, working her team around the clock to chase down every lead. As the killer strikes again, the investigation takes its toll not only on Helen but also her senior officers. Tempers flare, friendships fray and Helen faces an impossible choice. Confess her sins and lose control of the case? Or keep living a lie, protecting her darkest secrets, and risk getting trapped in this tangled web? But whatever she does, this killer will not stop until the truth is revealed: there are some fates worse than death.  

My Review

I have been a fan of this series since the beginning. With each book, I have grown more connected with Helen, Charlie, and the rest of Helen's crew. Just when I think that I have known everything I can about Helen, there comes a book like this that makes me go "Wow". Helen is full of surprises. In fact, I don't think I have discovered them all yet. This is one of the darkest and grittiest books in the series. Which is a reason why I loved this book. That and the fact that there were so many twists and surprises thrown in the mix. I kept trying to figure out who was the mastermind behind the murders. Yet, when I would get close to solving the murder the author would set me on a different path. These books are like crack...very addicting! I can't read them fast enough. They are a matter of hours type of read versus a day read. Although, the best part of this book is the ending. I totally did not see that coming. It was as if the author waited until I was leaning in and them punched me right in the face. I am on the edge of my seat with anticipation for the next book in this series. Little Boy Blue will leave you breathless with intensity! A top recommended read!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations