Book Review: Mine to Take

 

What could be worse than having a one-night stand with my twin’s biggest rival on the ice?
Umm…nothing.
Nothing is worse than that.
It’s the reason why my brother can never find out that I hooked up with Maverick McKinnon, ridiculously hot defenseman for the Western Wildcats. It doesn’t matter if the memories from our night together are enough to make my toes curl and my panties—
Well, you get the idea.
He’s the first guy to come along and not treat me like I’ll shatter into a million pieces when he lays his hands on me. Even if there’s a teeny tiny part within that would like to see him again, the fallout would be brutal.
I have enough to deal with. Like trying to break out of the box my family has placed me in since my diagnosis.
The only problem?
I’ve lost something valuable.
Something I need back.
And I’m pretty sure whose bed I’ll find it in.


My Review

Ooh, the emotions are really strong in this book. I could not get enough of Willow and Maverick. They are so good together. They made my heart sing. The spicy moments between them are great but it was the emotional connection that they both bonded over that really won me. 

The scene where Maverick is talking about his mother to Willow. That scene really won me over. Willow's twin brother, River and Maverick really do share a lot in common. Maverick treated Willow like the princess she is. He was all in for her. These two are endgame. 


Start reading today!

FREE in Kindle Unlimited

Amazon: https://a.co/d/7r4dS22 


Add Mine to Take to Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/210401857  


Keep reading for a look inside Mine to Take!


When I remain still—at a crossroads—he whispers, “Come on, sunshine.  Just a few more steps.”

My gaze flickers from his to the necklace draped around his neck.

I’m so close.

And then I can walk away.

Unscathed.

I can leave Maverick McKinnon where he belongs.

Safely tucked away in my memories.

I force myself to eat up the remaining distance.  Air gets clogged in my lungs as my shaking palms settle on the broad expanse of his chest.  His muscles bunch and tighten, straining beneath the flesh.  All the warring thoughts within my brain go silent as my senses are bombarded by him.

The heat of his skin.

The woodsy scent of his cologne that cocoons me in familiarity.

The steady tempo of his heart beating beneath my fingertips.

The harsh breath that belies the calm expression on his face.

I want to soak in this moment so I don’t forget a single second of it.

When my palms slide toward the necklace, his larger hands settle over them, drawing them upward until they’re tangled around his neck and my body is flush against his.

Our gazes stay fastened.

I couldn’t look away even if I wanted to.

“We shouldn’t do this,” I whisper, trying one last time to stop this from happening.

Even to my own ears, the protest is weak.

“Do you love him?”

“Of course.”  The truthful response is out of my mouth before I can think better of it.

Fury flashes in his eyes as his voice dips, sounding as if it’s been roughed up by sandpaper.  It sends a shiver skittering down my spine.

“I’ve never been one to fuck other dude’s girlfriends.”  Just as relief rushes from my lungs, he tacks on, “But I’m going to make an exception in this case.”




For more information about Jennifer Sucevic and her books, visit her website: https://www.jennifersucevic.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Aberrations

Book Giveaway