Book Review: Conjure

 


They’re dead.

I watched them die. That’s the only reason we’re here in the no-name town,
living in this creepy old house, whose shadows promise more than just darkness.
The only thing worse than the house are the woods behind it.
Where the whispers in the wind lead you to a deafening silence.
Something lurks here, nests here, 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘴 here. It feeds on us.
Our chaos, our anger, our 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘳𝘦.
The desire I shouldn’t have for my step-brother, Dominic, but can’t seem to ignore.
The dark depravity and painful pleasure we share together.
It’s here for me. Wants me, my secrets and my fear.
It will do anything and kill anyone to get to me. I need to stop it.
I need to protect the people I love.
I will stop at nothing to end the madness, even if it kills me.

Content
This book is a paranormal horror romance. It contains horror elements, graphic violence, and sexual content, so it's not suitable for readers under 18. Check your triggers.


My Review

Harleigh does it again. She likes to play with your mind. As a horror book/movie fan, I loved this book. It gives off the right amount of creepy/spook vibes. 

The hate/love relationship Camryn and Dominic shared added another element to this story. Although, it is important to note that while Camryn and Dominic share a relationship, it is secondary to the overall storyline. 

This book is first a horror read and second romance. The spooky element was slow to build up but then came at you fast. The last third of the story is where it really picked up and all came together. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Aberrations

Book Giveaway