Audio Book Review: The Boy in the Iron Box

 

Flying dark, a plane carrying a team of mercenaries crash-lands on a remote snowy summit. When they come across a mazelike stone fortress, it’s no refuge from the wolves and the freezing wind. It’s more like a trap. What they discover can stop the heart—or worse. As terror takes a new shape, the real battle for survival begins in this unrelenting six-part serial from Academy Award-winning filmmaker and writer Guillermo del Toro.

My Review

I am a fan of Guillermo del Toro with his movies and The Strain Trilogy that he co-authored with Chuck Hogan. So, I was intrigued to check out this series. 

I got the audio version and let me tell you that is the way to experience this series. A lot of people said they could not listen to the audio book because of Ralph Ineson's voice sounded monotone or was hard to understand. I did not experience either of these things. In fact, I enjoyed listening to Ralph's voice that he was a main reason why I keep listening to the audiobook. The other narrator, Nina Yndis has a minor part in voicing this story. 

Regarding the story, it did have good elements of horror. Example, in the beginning when the group arrived and found the box. What they located in the box and then the next time they checked on the box was the start of the buildup.  I could see Guillermo turning this into a mini television series. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Aberrations

Book Giveaway