Book Review: Too Fast

 


Why you will love this book:
❤️‍🩹 Why choose romance
🏈 College football 
🤬 “Who hurt you?”
🙏 Teamwork and group fun 
🥊 OTT revenge
😳 Major jersey drama
📊 Stats Daddy
🧁 Sprinkles
🫠 Grump turns to mush 
👯‍♀️ BFF bonding
🍆 Not your average piercing 
👅 “Get out or get on your knees” 
💊 Chronic illness rep
🧠 Neurodivergent rep
💚 Mental health rep

Lake Chapel was supposed to be my fresh start: an opportunity to reinvent myself; my chance to finally live.
Now I’m grappling with the demons of my past… and losing.

To survive this setback, I’ll need the support of the four possessive, domineering men who think I belong to them. But can my captors really be my salvation?

Worlds are bound to collide. Friendships will be tested, and rivalries are revving up.
I can’t slip back into the dark—not now that I know what it’s like to live in the light.
For the first time in my life, it’s more than just me I’m fighting for.

It’s them.
Kylian. Locke. Decker. Even Kendrick.


It’s all of them, and all of us together.
My name is Josephine Meyer. But that hasn’t always been my name. What will the boys of Lake Chapel think when they finally learn the truth?

TOO FAST is the second book in the Boys of Lake Chapel series. It is a high heat why choose sports romance featuring darker themes. Content notes can be found at the beginning of the book and on the author's website.


The Triggers: on page panic attacks, kidnapping, mentions of past abuse/child neglect, detailed description of past sexual assault, discussion of death of a parent, and chronic illness and pain. 

Series Disclaimer: This is a multi-book series, so in addition to deliciously creative spice and lots of Abby angst, you can expect a nauseating cliffhanger. The last book in the Boys of Lake Chapel series will be released before the end of 2023.


My Review

After the cliffhanger ending in book one, I could not wait to jump into this book. It picks up a few days after the cliffhanger. Boy oh boy. Let's just say that if anything, things got a whole lot more interesting. 

Where the guys are concerned...Decker, Locke, Kylian, and Kendrick, I cannot choose a favorite amongst them. This is because my feelings towards them jumps from one to the next based on who is sharing a moment with Jo. Which, learning about Jo's secret just drew me closer to her. I can't wait to read the final book in this series. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway