Book Review: Dummy

 


Description

Afraid of driving alone at night, an elderly widow named Beverly Crisp keeps a life-sized mannequin she calls Talbot in the passenger seat of her car. Jenny Dressel, a young woman who works at the local gas station, is struggling to keep her desire to kill under control.

When teenagers steal Talbot in a prank-gone-wrong, Talbot seeks his revenge, adding to a brutal series of murders in their small desert town. Coming together to search for Talbot, Beverly and Jenny realize they share an evil connection that threatens to destroy many lives.

My Review

This book is a really quick read. I definitely would not want to be on the bad side of a full-size living mannequin. I never thought I was scared of mannequins but after reading this book, I definitely will be watching my back around them. 

Beverly is the sweet, old grandma type that you would never suspect of having a killer mannequin in her possession. That is why the idea is creepy. There was that tense moment in the beginning where Jenny met Talbot that I was not sure if she would survive. 

While I did enjoy this book, I do have to admit that the "scare" factor was like a 6 out of 10 for me. I would have loved for the scare factor to be higher but still I could see this book being made into a horror flick that I would watch. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway