Shakespeare Undead




We are all familiar with William Shakespeare or you have at least heard of him. Though, do you really know the man behind the image? Like, where did William get his ideas and what type of company did he keep in his presence?

William Shakespeare did not become famous on his own. No, he had some help. First, Will was a vampire and hung out with zombies. Well, this is not exactly true about the zombies. William could be seen with zombies but this is only because he is trying to find out who is raising the dead.

Second Will became enthralled with the beautiful and lovely Katherine Dymond. Katherine was known as the “Dark Lady of the Sonnets” Katherine also is a zombie hunter. Yep….you guessed it…Katherine made some heads roll for William.

Mash ups of classic novels or story are becoming quite popular. Author, Lori Handeland is taking her turn with her latest novel, Shakespeare Undead. I have to say that I have read a few mash up novels now and this is the first one that I really liked. Mrs. Handeland brought a fun and new twist to an old, classic story about the famous William Shakespeare. This book was dark in all the right ways. I knew Shakespeare was portrayed as a vampire in this book but I did not expect the twist about him also having another ability. Don’t want to give anything away. This other ability make Shakespeare unique and stand out from all the other vampires currently out in the reading world.

My only issue I had with this book was that it was told through first person. Usually, I don’t have a problem with this but I did ad first with this book. It started with a grown Will but then the story would flash back to when it seemed Will was a little boy. It took my till about a third of the way into the book to get everything straight. Once I did, I was able to sit back and enjoy. Shakespeare Undead will have you come alive for more!

Comments

I really want to read this. I first saw the review a bit ago...it sounds great.

-Lauren

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway