When the Heart Heals


Rosemary used to be a nurse in the war. Now that there is a new doctor in town, Rosemary is hoping that the new doctor will be open minded about having a female nurse.

Dr. Elijah Stewart wants to make a good first impression on the townsfolk. One person that Elijah keeps sticking his foot in his mouth is Rosemary.

I liked this book. Rosemary really stood out for me. She was strong but kind hearted. She fought hard for what she believed in and what she wanted. I did not warm up to Elijah in the beginning. I thought he came off mean towards Rosemary. Even his teasing was unkind. In fact I did not care for Elijah so much in the beginning that I really hoped that Rosemary would fall for Jacob instead. Although I knew how the story would end with Rosemary and Elijah falling in love with each other. Eventually I did warm up to Elijah. However as nice and sweet as the ending was I was not fully invested. Due to the way Elijah came off in the beginning. I do have to give a shout out to Rosemary’s dog, Brodie. He was a sweetheart.

  “Available February 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

Comments

Ann Shorey said…
Cheryl, Thank you for reviewing When the Heart Heals! I'm so glad you liked Bodie. :) I'm a dog lover, and really had fun writing him into the story.
Blessings to you.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations