FORBIDDEN SISTER


Emmie had only heard back things about his older sister, Roxy. How she was a trouble maker and this is why she left. Emmie’s father will not let Emmie follow in Roxy’s footsteps. Emmie is curious about who Roxy is. She decides to do some investigation of her own into her sister. Will Emmie have a happy reunion or heartache?


I have read a couple books by the ghost writer for V.C. Andrews. I have to say that while it is a nice gesture, the books are not the same. However I thought I would give them another chance. This latest book sounded good. Also, the cover caught my eye.

It is sad when I am more intrigued to get to know more about Roxy then I am her sister, Emmie. Especially when Roxy is the main focus in the next book. Part of the problem was that I felt that Emmie had no back bone. Her father was awful and I can see why Roxy ran away. He may not be physically abusive but he is almost as bad by being somewhat emotionally abusive. So, I wanted to see Emmie grow and stand up to her father. Instead she tried to be the good daughter but used her mother as her crutch to stand on. Also, I did feel she was gullible. Emmie did grow a little backbone in the end but by then it was too late for me.

My other issue I had with this book is that it moved too slowly for my taste. It too a long time for the story to pick up about mid way. The ending was a nice lead into Roxy’s story.



FORBIDDEN SISTER will have readers trapped from start to finish, eager to follow along with Emmie and her quest to discover her forbidden sister.

About V.C. Andrews®: One of the most popular authors of all time, V.C. Andrews has been a bestselling phenomenon since the publication of her spellbinding classic Flowers in the Attic. That blockbuster novel began her renowned Dollanganger family saga, which includes Petals on the Wind, If There Be Thorns, Seeds of Yesterday, and Garden of Shadows. Since then, readers have been captivated by more than sixty novels in V.C. Andrews’s bestselling series. The Daughter of Light and The Daughter of Darkness are her recent novels set in the vampire world. V.C. Andrews’s novels have sold more than 106 million copies and have been translated into 22 foreign languages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations