Audiobook Review: Safe

 

For years, I wasn’t human and didn’t want to be. It was easier to be the Beast, pacing in my cage until my handlers let me out to fight. I didn’t speak, didn’t have a name. My existence was brutal, but it was simple. I understood it. Accepted it.

But everything changed when Lucas was thrown into my cage with me, when I claimed him as my own—when I realized I would do anything to protect him. That meant getting us out, to somewhere safe.

And that’s what I did. That’s where we are now, in a good, safe place. Except, it doesn’t feel good to me. I don’t belong here. Nothing about me makes sense here.

I’m trying to make it work. I want Lucas to be happy. But the past keeps intruding, and the problem is … I want it to. I make sense in that dark space. But Lucas doesn’t, and I don’t want him there. So what the hell am I supposed to do?


My Review

What happens when a story hits hard and when I say hard I mean HARD! Well you get this novella. While this novella may be the bridge between the full length novels, it is not to be underestimated. OMG. As soon as I heard Sean's voice as Roman, it was game over. Oscar Reyes is a new to me narrator but after listening to him voice Lucas, I will be looking for more audiobooks that he has performed. 

Don't let Roman & Lucas ever be separated. These two need to be protected at all costs. I felt every heart wrenching emotion, breathe, fear, and love that Lucas and Roman have for each other. This was amped up by listening to the ALC as performed by Oscar and Sean. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Giveaway

With Love from Hachette Book Group Giveaway

8 Apps Every Writer Should Have