Book Review: Make Me Laugh
🩵Tropes:
🎤 Romantic Comedy with 90s/2000s sitcom vibes (laugh track not included)- Friends meets New Girl
📱Dual POV
🎤 Black Cat x Golden Retriever
📱Fake Dating
🎤 Found Family
📱Ex Hockey Player turned Stand-Up Comedian MMC
🎤 Bi (and masked) FMC
📱One-Night Stand turned Lovers
🎤 “Workplace” Romance
📱BANTER
My Review
This is a funny and charming story. I did not feel like the age difference between West and Joey was an issue. I enjoyed this factor. In fact, while West's comedy set may include flirting and innuendos, he is very mature for his age. West being a former hockey player, who did not plan to be a comedy star can relate to Joey.
It is a good thing that West has tough skin as the "death stares" that Joey was throwing his way were deadly. It takes a lot to make Joey smile. As West works her way into Joey's life, he gets her to smile more. The road is not easy for Joey and West but in the end these two find their happily ever after or in Joey's line of work..."book boyfriend."
West is a sweetheart. This book is character driven. It is a great thing that I love all of the characters. I am so excited to see that Frankie and Enzo are getting their story next. Make Me Laugh is a witty read!

Comments