Book Review: Bound to Gods and Secrets

 

Bound by fate. Hunted by Kingdoms. Tempted by the enemy.
The gods chose the wrong woman to unleash.

The day our beloved king is murdered, the bindings suppressing my magic begin to unravel.
Now the power buried inside me is waking- wild enough to destroy me and dangerous enough to start a war.
Hunted by those I once trusted, I flee the only home I’ve ever known… only to fall in the hands of a ruthless stranger.

Regent plans to sell me at the Volmere auction alongside other exotic creatures. I should hate him for it. I should stop trying to kill him long enough to escape.
Instead, the longer I remain trapped at his side, the more I realize Regent is hiding secrets as deadly as my own.

The gods are whispering.
The Fates are pulling invisible threads.
And somewhere between betrayal and desire, kingdoms are falling, monsters are rising, and the man who chained me may be the only one who can survive what I’m becoming.

Bound to Gods and Secrets is an epic high-stakes romantasy with tension filled enemies to lovers, vengeful gods, elemental magic and beasts.


My Review

Esther and Regent are great together. Who doesn't love a strong FMC. Esther is just that. She can hold her own even if she is still discovering her full potential of her powers. Regent is the definition of grumpy. It was actually hilarious how grumpy Regent is. The back and forth between Esther and Regent is entertaining as well. 

The slow build up of romance is perfection. It felt more natural this way and it was a natural progression in the storyline. What a rich storyline it is. 

I love Kia's writing. I have been a fan of her writing for years. Her books are must reads for me. This newest offering is AMAZING! I love this genre that she released. Different from her Mafia books. This book made me fall in love again with paranormal romance/romantasy. You don't want to miss this book. Gimmie more! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Giveaway

With Love from Hachette Book Group Giveaway

8 Apps Every Writer Should Have