Book Review: The Never Heirs



What to Expect:

  • Tinker Bell x Peter Pan x Hook Retelling
  • Portal Fantasy
  • Enemies to Lovers
  • Crocodile Monster
  • Why-Choose
  • Stepbrothers
  • Blood-Play

A pixie stolen from her world.

Two brothers battling for her claim.

Magic hums beneath Belle’s fingertips—an unexplainable spark she’s used to chase stability in a life that’s been anything but steady. But when pirates from a realm hailed Neverhaven abduct her, she discovers her magic isn’t just metaphorical. As the last living pixie, true power pumps through her veins. No time to savor her newfound abilities, as Belle is strapped into a power-restricting Darling and sold to the kingdom’s ruler. Lord Pan demands she produce a magical heir through one of his two Peter, a tragically beautiful waste of potential, or Rourke, his deranged stepson, scarred by a crocodile attack, and rebuilt with the beast’s remains, plus a hooked hand. Whichever son claims the pixie first will inherit the throne.

Terrified of her captors yet drawn into their broken worlds, Belle discovers Peter and Rourke are as bound to Pan’s cruelty as she is. To survive, she must resist her captors, her chains, and the dangerous fire threatening to consume her in a gilded cage where love and power are weapons.

My Review
Belle was just living her life when the next moment, she finds herself a prisoner of Neverhaven. Lord Pan has taken Belle captive. She is to choose between his two heirs, Peter and Rourke. 

When it came to the two men, I have to say that I instantly fallen in love with Rourke. He may have been supposed to be the "bad" brother, but he said what he meant and acted on it. You did not have to guess what his intentions were. Peter on the other hand, I could not quite tell what he was thinking all the time. I mean that he acted reserved one moment and ok to stand behind Rourke and the next, he made moves. 

Someone that I really liked is Rosalia. It was nice to see another story FMC in the story. 

I have read many Peter Pan retelling stories but I still felt that this story was refreshing. It had a story storyline that featured a spicy romance. Love me why choose. Readers of romantasy stories will enjoy this one. 

"But my new Queen may be the balm that heals me and all of Neverhaven-for good."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Giveaway

With Love from Hachette Book Group Giveaway

8 Apps Every Writer Should Have