Book Review: Pride

 


Welcome to Superbia. A city where sins are celebrated as virtues, and monsters no longer hide in the shadows. All manner of creatures revel in the pride of their true natures beneath neon lights.

EVE
Did you know the odds of beating the house are one hundred to zero when you’re the hottest precognitive since… well, ever?
I did.
Every gamble was mine to win until I walked into Sevenfold Casino.
That was my first mistake.
My second? Underestimating Ace Reynard, its arrogant owner.
Ace wasn’t just a demon I hadn’t seen coming, he was the blind spot I never knew existed.
All I wanted was enough money to buy my brother’s freedom.
Instead, I wagered far more, putting my body and my life at Ace’s mercy.
Until he cracked the mirror I'd spent my entire life believing reflected only me.

ACE
Knights of Hell aren’t known for patience.
I waited anyway.
For more than two years, I watched the future unfold one vision at a time, knowing my Little Spade would eventually walk through the doors of Sevenfold Casino.
She wasn’t just another pretty face.
My power recognized hers long before we met, and every instinct I possessed demanded that I claim what fate had already promised was mine.
What I didn't expect was for destiny to be holding cards of its own.
Fate brought her to my table.
I simply made sure the house always won.


My Review

Eve is spunky. I will even say cocky but with her abilities I would be cocky too. I felt the instant attraction Ace felt towards Eve. Despite the fact that he has been waiting for her for seven years and not given up hope is to be commended. He even kept fresh flowers in the room that would be her's for all these years. 

Ace giving Eve a nickname of "Little Spade" is very fitting. I love the nickname. The spice level is fast and hot. It was not too long before these two were hooking up. Not mad about it. In fact, if they had waited too long, I probably would have screamed for them to hook up already. 

I absolutely love this book in this shared world of Superbia. Author, Sadie Winchester smashed it with this book. If you are a fan of paranormal romances, you got to pick up a copy of this book and read it now! Eve and Ace scorched the flames. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Giveaway

With Love from Hachette Book Group Giveaway

8 Apps Every Writer Should Have