Book Review: Anton
When my brother orders me to kill Thora Whitlock,
there’s no hesitation.
Murder comes easy when you feel nothing.
Thora is supposed to be nothing.
The enemy’s daughter.
A woman easily erased.
So I follow her.
Study her.
Uncover all her secrets.
What I don’t expect is to speak to her.
Or watch my terrifying dog roll onto his back the second she touches him.
That should’ve been my first warning.
The second comes when I find her crying outside a bar
and do something I’ve never done before.
Bring my target home.
Thora is everything I don’t understand.
Gentle.
Stubborn.
Too brave for her own good.
And the more I touch her,
the more I realize she’s the only one
who has ever made me feel anything.
But wanting her is dangerous.
Keeping her is worse.
And when she’s taken from me,
I become the one thing I was never meant to be.
Her savior.
My Review
I love Thora. She is an animal lover. Anton's "big, mean" dog knows a good person when he meets someone. He is putty in Thora's hands. Anton was not far behind in falling for Thora. He just did not want to admit it to himself; despite all his brothers calling him out for it.
"Thora Whitlok walked into my path, looked at my scars, and decided I was worth loving anyway."
I love this series. Each book is amazing. This one is no different. Seeing Anton as a big, tough guy who did not think he was meant for love, fall hard for Thora, got me right in the heart. I love that Thora is not afraid of Anton. The chemistry they share goes from medium to hot. Yep, they skipped the mild.
This book is not to be missed. It is a one seat, five star read!

Comments