Book Review: Exalt

 

Open the tents.

Draw back the curtains and prepare yourselves for one hell of a show.

Meet Dario Alcazar, your esteemed Showmaster. The one pulling all of the strings.

He is loved, hated, and feared.

He doesn't age.

Doesn't concede.

And most crucially, he never lets anyone leave the Carnivale.

Far longer than anyone knows, our most exalted Showmaster has kept the Colony Carnivale alive and thriving, but over the last few months, he's been in a bit of a rut.

Drunk on Delirium and a menace to his Colony, he’s only grown more restless.

The Carnivale is changing; his freaks are running amok, and his zeal for his illustrious show has waned.

With everything falling apart, he seeks a new toy to play with.

A talent so sweet, his jowls can't help but salivate.

Luckily for him, he finds it.

Now, he need only take it.

Open the tents.




My Review

Kennedy suffered a tragedy. She feels her life is over. Death is calling for her but there is another that has her in his sights. Kennedy's suffering smells so sweet that Dario is drawn to her. He must have her. 


I liked the flashbacks to how Kennedy came to be, but I also felt like after the second time, I did not really need to keep going back. I wanted the momentum to keep going with the present. Yes, i still feel like this book is a really good start to this series. It is dark and creepy. Just how I like my circus. I look forward to continuing this series. 


Warning: Enter The Colony Carnivale at your own risk!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Giveaway

With Love from Hachette Book Group Giveaway

8 Apps Every Writer Should Have