Cool for the Summer Part 4
TURN UP THE HEAT...
Kai's new apartment has an unwanted guest who likes things to bubble and burn..
The stench of singed flesh makes the D rise. There’s nothing better than a hot groin!
Who knew that heaters could be so sensual? Especially when they’re cursed by a serial killer and her victims…
Cooked Bratwurst anyone?
This vile tale is not safe for the salad crowd!!
My Review
Talk about turning up the heat! This is one story where there is no happy ending. Remember when your parents told you to keep your hands and body parts away from the heater, well there is a reason for that. The new occupant of this apartment finds out the hard way. If you encounter a woman who randomly appears in your apartment, run as fast as you can.
Herman has spent every morning beneath Gracelyn’s hands.
Her touch. Her attention. Her heat.
He thought it meant something.
Until she forced something inside him that didn’t fit, left him burning, and blamed him for the mess she made.
Gracelyn has already forgotten.
Herman hasn’t.
And he’s about to teach her what happens when you leave something burning for too long.
This is an Extreme Body Horror short told from the POV of a sentient toaster with an unhealthy obsession, a taste for revenge, and absolutely no concept of forgiveness. This is not a romance. It is, however, a love story according to Herman.
My Review
Herman loved Gracelyn. He thought she loved him back until that one day. She came home and tried to fit biscuits into Herman's slots. Gracelyn is an idiot. She learned what happens when you play stupid games.
"Love, I've learned...can burn. So can revenge."
I love Ashlynn's writing. This novella is gory and dark. It is Ashlynn showing she came to play and she meant it. Treat your appliances with care and love and they will reward you with nice, toasty bread but don't be nice and pay the consequences!
I can’t tell you exactly when that summer our relationship went from just smoking together to something more. But what I can tell you, is that after our first time together, there was no going back. Banks was everything I needed, he was perfect. And we made some seriously questionable decisions together that summer, and we still do, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
My Review
Haha. I am laughing about this story. Having watched all of the Cheech and Chong movies and a few of the Evil Bong movies as well, I really enjoyed this book. In fact, I would have been disappointed if a bong story was not featured in this collection.
Although, this one requires you hit it five times unlike Beetlejuice, who only requires you say his name three times. Yet, it is worth it as after five times, this bong comes alive. Just be prepared for things to heat up fast!



Comments