THE GILLY SALT SISTERS


Jo and Claire Gilly live on a salt farm. The townsfolk believe that the sisters are bewitched and so is their salt. Jo loves the salt. On the other hand, Claire hates the salt and would do anything to get away from it. Thus the reason that she married Whit Turner. Whit first had his eyes on Jo but Claire went in for the kill and married him.

Jo and Claire will learn just how strong a sisters bond really is when Claire is forced to move back in with her sister and Whit’s pregnant mistress.

I read The Little Giant of Aberdeen County and enjoyed it. So when I learned about Tiffany’s new book, The Gilly Salt Sisters I knew I had to check it out. Wow. This book was way better then I thought it would be. I loved the Gilly sisters.

In the beginning, I bonded with Jo but by the end I had fallen in love with both Jo and Claire. Claire really her true colors ad just what a Gilly sister is all about in the end. This is what I loved about her. She was feisty just like the “red” of her hair. Jo and Claire reminded me somewhat of Sally and Gillian. Sisters from the movie Practical Magic that were played by Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman. The ending was a happy one. The Gilly Salt Sisters is an enchanting, must read. Besides you don’t want to go against the salt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations