Book Review: Burned

 

Taking a job on a ranch and moving all the way to Montana is my chance—a way for me to live somewhere new and start fresh. Again. A change in scenery and some fresh mountain air is exactly what I need.

But falling for a grumpy single dad, who’s also my boss, isn’t a part of the plan.

Rhett Black is easily the most attractive man I have ever laid eyes on. Until he opens his mouth. His insufferable attitude gets under my skin, and we push each other’s buttons every chance we get.

When he sees me dancing with another man, his jealousy does something to my insides. Before I know it, we’re thrown into a different kind of passion.

Now, I’m falling. Fast.

But Rhett has been burned before, left behind by so many people in his life. Will he be able to trust that I’m here to stay?

This family has given me a safe place to land. And I have no intention of ever giving that up.


My Review

I absolutely loved this book. I literally could not stop reading it. Rhett is the ultimate "grumpy cinnamon roll" hero. At first, I was like Rhett needs to calm down and take a chill pill but once I saw him in "daddy" mode with his children, Joey and Wade my heart melted. 

Poppy is so kind. I love how she interacted with Joey and Wade. She also handled the banter between Rhett and his brothers. The chemistry between Rhett and Poppy is great. It was not a slow burn but a mild one but when that first kiss happened...fireworks! From there is was game on. I look forward to reading the next book in this series with Hayes and River story. Burned is a not to be missed, steamy read by Ivy Jackson!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway