Book Review: Possession

 


They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I’m learning that lesson the hard way. My name’s Aubry Brooks, and here’s the thing—I’ve got myself a little possession problem.

Yes, I lead a séance I had no business leading in the first place. No, I’m not a channeler of spirit, but let me explain. I was only trying to help a mother find her missing daughter, and then a cocky half-incubus had the nerve to possess me! You’d think a clairvoyant kitchen witch would have seen this coming.

No need to panic. I can figure out a way to exorcise Damion Blackmon, assuming I can withstand his seduction in the meantime. Oh, and he’s agreed to help me find out who killed my best friend. Deals with devils. I'm not sure if it's my soul or my heart that's at risk.

But don’t worry, my grandma was a voyeur in a past life and she'll catch you up to speed. In extremely graphic detail. A word of warning—do not let my aunt talk you into a juice cleanse. Nothing magic about that, I promise.

Welcome to the metaphysical shop Memphis Magic.

Author's Note: Possession is book 1 of the Memphis Magic series. If you like witches and demons; forced proximity with a twist; quirky characters; laugh out loud moments; mystery; smoking hot slow burn; steam; grumpy cat; and even grumpier police detective, then this series is for you. And you don't even have to sell your soul to read it.

My Review

Boy did Aubry find herself in quite the predicament when she accidentally summoned Damion. I don't blame Aubry for her snarkiness. I would probably do the same if someone was invading my space like Damion was. Yet, after getting to know Damion I would not be complaining about his presence. As the story progressed, things between Aubry and Damion did heat up. The steam factor was HOT. 

I was drawn to this book as I kept seeing other readers really enjoying this book. While I did like this book, I sadly did not find it as funny as most other readers. I only laughed a few times and was expecting to be laughing the whole time. Yet, this does not mean that someone else won't love this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway