Book Review: The High Priestess

 


Disowned from her family, shunned from her history and the next in line to quell a war she has no knowledge about, Marie takes on a series of foes as she explores the muddy waters of history, discovering that witches and demons have far more in common than she is comfortable with.

***
I slid down one of the many alleys, my hand brushing the old stones that were melded together to form the wall by pure will alone. The history - the magick - the memories pulsed through my veins. The throbbing in my jaw turned from a sparsal flicker to a roaring thud that did nothing to quiet my nerves as I fought the flood of emotions that arose each time I came to this town - each time I came home.

Worse still, I couldn’t even slip away discreetly, because I felt the shadow of his presence trail behind me. Did he think I was oblivious? That I didn’t know he was following me? It wouldn’t be the first time I was trailed by a demon.

“I can think of far more enjoyable ways to put that flush on your face.”
My feet stalled of their own accord as I came face-to-face with Cort. Sighing, I resigned myself to the fact that this conversation would probably go the same way every other conversation I had had with him over the past few days.

“What do you want?”


My Review

I really enjoyed this latest addition to this series. Although, it did seem to start out a little slowly for me. Yet, once it picked up, it really picked up. In true Erin fashion, the sexual chemistry between Cort and Marie was smoking hot! I could not get enough of Marie and Cort. They were evenly matched. 

This book is a bit darker than the other two books in this series. Yet, I am here for it all. Once the story did pick up speed, I could not stop reading. To the point that I was just along for the ride. Another thing that Erin specializes in is cliffhangers. Which she delivers in this book. I need the next book now to see how it continues. 

Warning: While reading this book, you may find yourself craving a cigarette and a good romp in the bedroom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway