Book Review: A Kingdom of Stars and Shadows

 


Destiny or desire?

Where does your allegiance lie?

I am told my union to the crowned prince will determine the fate of the kingdom, but it isn’t my betrothed who haunts my dreams. It’s the half-breed prince who stands at his side.

He is darkness and sin, and when he whispers promises of wickedness in my ear, I crave a man who I can’t have.

Every thought I have is treasonous. The way my hands ache to touch him deceitful.

Even my dreams make me a traitor to the kingdom I am sworn to protect.

But when the kingdom is attacked, I am forced to make choices I’m not prepared for. Our lies and deception are entangled in the shadows and stars, and as they unravel so shall my fate. Betray a kingdom or betray my heart.


My Review

I do like this book. Adara and Evren are great together. They were steaming up the pages of this story. So why do I feel conflicted about this book. This is because it felt like it took a really, long time for the story to really pick up speed. Also, while I liked Adra and Evren, I struggled as well in the beginning to fully connect to them on an emotional level. Therefore, I found myself only reading a few chapters at a time instead of powering through this book. 

The story did not really seem to pick up for me until much later into the story. By this point I was still reading but had lost some interest in it as well. Yet, a fan of all of the steamy scenes between Evren and Adara. Also, the ending leaves on a cliffhanger that did get me hooked to want to finish this duet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway