Book Review: Losing Neverland

 


All is not as it seems in Neverland.

As for Peter & Hook,
well I know the secret most don’t.
The real truth behind the myth.
The hidden wonder you’ve never known
disguised as the notorious legend.
I know the nightmare that brings
Hook to his knees.
The concealed facts which bring out
nothing but his ruthless darkness.
I know the inescapable reality that one day
changed Peter Pan forever.
I witnessed Peter’s inevitable fall from grace.
His loss of innocence.
A destiny he one day couldn’t fly away from.
All you’ve ever been told is a lie.
A hoax.
A pixie trick.
I know the truth because - I’m their ruin.
I’m their demise.
I’m the end of what was &
the beginning of what’s to come.
My name is Wendy Moria Angela Darling.
And I’m the inescapable fate they couldn’t defeat.
The chosen one who inevitably
forces their surrender.
I’m the reason for losing Neverland.


My Review

I have read many books by Evelyn. Thus, I knew she can write but this newest book is next level! I have read a good handful of fairy tale retelling books recently including some Peter Pan ones. Yet, this one is by far my favorite retelling. It is so unique and refreshing. Peter/Hook is the ultimate good/bad guy. When he was Peter, the moments between him and Wendy were filled with passion and sweet but when he was Hook...ooh was he so BAD! Give me both sides of Peter/Hook. It sure keeps things interesting and so spicy as Wendy discovered. While, this book is a fast read, I did take my time as to savor every moment of it. I did not want the story to end. Losing Neverland is in my top three favorite fairy tale retellings of 2022! Evelyn, I need more retellings from you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway