Mistrial

When I was growing up I thought I would be a criminal defense attorney and then a Judge. However I changed my mind as I was not sure I wanted to commit myself to years of law school and being able to stand up and defend people that might be guilty. Even though my career goals may have changed, I have still been fascinated by this area from the guilty party to the forensics to the trial.


So when I had a chance to read this book, I jumped at the chance. I wanted to get to see the inside look at the whole law process and not the one that the news media tries to portray to the public.

I have never heard of Mark Geragos or Pat Harris. Yes, I am familiar with the big cases that they were involved with but I have never really paid attention to the attorneys involved in the cases and who they are. This is because while I am interested in criminal defense, I would rather watch true crime shows and read about them then really watch the long drawn out trial proceeding. Yes, I know I said I like the trial but sometimes I do have the attention span of a two year old.

I found this book to be just what I thought it would be. It did give me a good insight into what a criminal defense attorney is all about and why they do what they do. They are not the bad guys just their clients may be the bad guys. Also, our system is flawed. I liked the ways that the authors described things and the examples they used. They put their terminology into layman terms so that helped to make for easy reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations