I am coming Undone. Don't you want to come Undone too?

I want to thank Susan with Random House for sending me a copy of this book to review.

Dr. Sara Linton from the novel Beyond Reach and Bureau of Investigation agents Faith Mitchell and Will Trent, from the novel Fractured are all back in Karin Slaughter’s latest release Undone. I felt this book could be read as a stand alone novel.

Faith and Will were at Grady Hospital. Faith hasn’t been feeling well lately. Dr. Linton was checking her out, when she receives an urgent page that her assistance is required in the emergency room. A female has been brought in naked and mutilated. No one knows anything about the woman, other than she says her name is Anna.

Will jumps in head first into this case. What Will discovers is so horrendous that it is almost indescribable. Not far from where Anna was found, Will finds a bunker. Inside the bunker is a bloody mattress and a various assortment of torture devices. The worse part it seems is that Anna was not alone. Another victim was also held captive. It looks like they were tied to the underside of the mattress, while Anna was tied to the top. The killer would switch victims as he tortured each other.

When another victim is kidnapped, Will and Faith knows it will be a race against time to hunt down and stop this serial killer before it is too late.

I have not read many book by this author but after finishing Undone, I now must back track and read all the ones I haven’t read yet. This book was that good. It is a definite must read. It had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I really had a hard time putting this book down. Karin Slaughter makes me so happy to be a fan of suspense/thrillers. I am recommending this book to all my friends but you can be assured that they will have to get their own copies as I am not letting go of mine.

Be warned though as you will lose track of time and will even have to barricade yourself in a room, just so you an read Undone in peace. Undone is in my top five favorite reads of 2009!

Comments

Melissa said…
I'm reading this one now! It's one of my favorite series, so I hope this one measures up.
Becky LeJeune said…
I know I've read one of her books before, but I just recently bought another one since I keep hearing such great things about her. Thanks for the review!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations