Oh, That I Had Wings


I want to thank Sarah Pawley for sending me a copy of her book to review.


Jack Langdon is the oldest. He has two brothers and one sister. When Jack was just nine years old, he can remember his grandmother telling him that someday a very special lady will come into his life and he will be her champion. Jack has been a pillar for his family. His mother, brothers and sister depend on him. Jack is ready for a change. To escapes his family and make his way in life, Jack enlists in the military. While fighting, he gets injured. He meets a nice young, nurse but his persist ways, turn her off.

Jack returns him to many changes. His father barely acknowledges his existence for leaving his family, his mother still sees him as her little boy. The only person that is really excited to have Jack back is his sister…Grace. To Grace, Jack has always been her white knight in shining armor. Jack thinks about packing up and leaving again but that was before he met the lovely Alice Miller, the local schoolteacher. Alice and Jack’s relationship tears the town apart. Will Alice and Jack be able to say strong and survive?

I really liked Oh, That I Had Wings. The story line was simple as well as the characters but this is why I enjoyed this book. Jack is a very strong main character. He made you feel for him and you couldn’t help but want to know what he was doing every step of the way. Grace is like a breath of fresh air. She has this innocents about her that is sweet. Oh, That I Had Wings may seem intimidating at over five hundred pages but don’t let that stop you as I devoured this book in one day. I don’t know what Sarah Pawley has in store next but I am sure it will be good.

Comments

Ruth Ann Nordin said…
I got to read this before it came out. I thought Jack was a real sweetheart. Your review was better than mine. :-)
Cheryl said…
Ruth Ann- Yes, I was so glad that Sarah contacted me. I agree that Jack is nice.

I am sure your review was great.
this one sounds pretty good; i had not heard of it, so thanks.
Charlotte H. said…
Thanks for the wonderful comments, ladies! I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

And if anyone wants some sample chapters, just drop me a note and I'll be happy to oblige...

My best to everyone :)

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations