My Friday Find



Isha and her husband, Nikhil Tilak live in India. They are pregnant with their second child. While at Isha's doctor's visit with her OB/GYN, Dr. Karnik; Isha and Nikhil learn they will be having a daughter. Isha and Nikhil are happy but Nikhal's parents are not. In fact they want Isha to have an abortion as a daughter can't carry the Tilak name for generations. Nikhal can't believe his parents would suggest a thing. Before anything can be done Nikhal is robbed and stabbed to death. Nikhil's parents are convinced that Isha's second child is a evil omen and caused the death of their son. Now Isha has to find a way to protect her two daughters. Isha will not have to do it alone. She has been reunited with an old friend in Dr. Harish Salvi, a pediatrician. Living in India, being a single mother of two won't be easy. It will take all Isha and Dr. Salvi have.


Isha is a very caring and strong woman. She tries to instill in her daughters that they always can be strong through any type of adversity. The Forbidden Daughter portrays a beautiful and sad story. Shobhan gives readers an amazing journey of one woman's sacrifice for her children but as well as the terrible acts that are still taking place today where in some countries where bearing a male heir is so important. The Forbidden Daughter is the first book I have read by Shobhan Bantwal and I just feel in love with it. I am so glad I discovered this wonderful writer and author. You can bet I will be reading more from Shobhan Bantwal.



Comments

Julie P. said…
I have this, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I really want to after your review.
Becky LeJeune said…
I thought this one sounded really good. I think I'm getting her latest one. Looking forward to it.
Anonymous said…
Cheryl, this one looks so good. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Anonymous said…
This does sound like a fantastic book!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations