The Woods are Calling!

I want to thank Kate with Penguin for sending me In the Woods by Tana French.


It was the summer of 1984. Things were peaceful in Knocknaree, Ireland but that was about to change. One August day, three friends by the names of Germaine “Jamie” Elinor Rowan, Adam Robert Ryan, and Peter Joseph Savage went out to play in the woods. When they didn’t come back, their parents went searching for them. What the parents found was horrifying. Adam was found with his shirt torn, bloody sneakers and his fingernails embedded in the tree trunk he was hugging.

That was twenty years ago. Now Rob is a detective. Rob and his partner, Cassie Maddox’s next case will test both of their wits. A murder victim’s body discovered in the same woods as him and his friends used to play in so many years ago. This case might be what Rob needs to make him finally remember what happened that fatal day. But maybe some things should be forgotten forever.

Rob’s character has a mysterious aire about him. He is calm, cool, quiet and a deep thinker but on the other hand he can also lose his temper real fast if provoked. With Cassie you know where you stand. Her attitude is….she does not like you and it will stay that way till you show her otherwise. I found though that Rob and Cassie balanced each other out pretty well. The story started out very strong and ended that way. It had enough twists and turns to keep me guessing. In the Woods is Tana French’s first novel. After reading In the Woods, Tana French has made me a fan.






Check out Tana's website



Comments

Becky LeJeune said…
I am itching to read this one!
Anonymous said…
I'm with Becky on this one...my TBR pile is soooo big!
Darlene said…
This book sounds awesome Cheryl. I'm adding to my ever growing pile. I'm in for a good thriller soon.
The Bookworm said…
sounds like a good one.
you always have the best thrillers listed here :)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations