The Sunday Salon



Ok so for those of you who are regulars of my blog, you know that I like to introduce readers to new authors. Well this time is no different.
I was contacted by June Phyllis Baker to see if I would be interested in reading her book...No Regrets. It only took me all of about a few seconds to say yes, once I read the concept for this book.



Arlene Sinclair lives in the small town of Sunny Hill. Arlene is a reporter, who is ready to make a name for herself. Arlene is tried of writing fluff stories and wants to move on to the hard core stuff. Sheriff Lance Carter tries to keep everything in order in his town. The one thing he can’t control is Arlene. Every time Sheriff Carter turns around Arlene is there, armed with her pen and paper. The most annoying part of this whole situation for Sheriff Carter is that he is falling in love with Arlene. He can’t stop thinking about her. Strange things start happening in Sunny Hill. It seems someone wants to harm one of the residents of Sunny Hill. Arlene very soon may get her big break, when she ends up meeting her story face to face.



I thought Arlene was a fun character. She reminded me of Nancy Drew. In the way where Nancy was always finding herself in the middle a situation but in a fun and charming way; Arlene brings the same flair just without any sidekicks. Sheriff Carter is such a nice, charming, and caring man. No matter how much Arlene gets on his nerves, he’s always looking out for her well-being. No Regrets is a great first novel for June Phyllis Baker. Ms. Baker also writings that she loves British comedy and hopes to mix that with a story set in England during the 1950s. All I have to say to this is that I hope Ms. Baker does it sooner rather then later as that will be one good book. So if you are looking for a new author to try out then pick up No Regrets. Just like the title you won’t have any regrets.


Check out June's website at www.JunePhyllisbaker.com
It was the fifties, and women's rights were which pair of shoes to wear to church.

No Regrets----July 10 2008


Comments

The Bookworm said…
sounds like a great read. if she's anything like Nancy Drew, she must be a fun character.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/
wisteria said…
My favorite books have often come from debut authors. I love to read first out books. Thanks for your review.

http://www.bookwormsdinner.blogspot.com
Isn't it great when you get contacted like this out of the blue
My Holiday from Hell and Books from Heaven post.
Law and Order said…
Great blog. I like to read first books too.
Anonymous said…
Wow! It does sound like a great book!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations