Come join the magic

I am pleasure to help spread the word on this book by J. Scott Savage. His first YA book. Read my review and then come back tomorrow for my interview and details on how to win an autographed ARC of this book.






Thirteen year old, Marcus Kanenas has always had to defend for himself. His parents died when he was a baby. Marcus was born with some deformities. Marcus also has a strange mark on his shoulder. Marcus has a secret. He imagines a world far, far away known as Farworld. Everything there deals in magic….the people, the animals and even the trees and flowers talk.

One day a lawyer comes to the place where Marcus lives. He tells the man in charge that he has come on the behalf of Marcus’ parents and they want him back. The lawyer says though that he needs proof that Marcus really is the boy he is looking for. The boy he is interested in has a mark on his shoulder. Marcus can sense that the man is not really who he says he is and tries to escape. Unfortunately the man captures Marcus. The lawyer is actually an evil summoner known as Bonesplinter. He wants to kill him Marcus. Before Bonesplinter can do so Marcus ended up in Farworld.

There Marcus meets Kyja, her friend, a skyte named Riph Raph and Master Therapass, a master wizard. Master Therapass tells Kyja and Marcus to run for their lives from the Dark Circle. The Dark Circle is a group of summoners. Master Therapass tells Kyja and Marcus that he will catch up with them once he has taken care of some things. Kyja and Marcus end up experiencing all kinds of strange and unusual people and places in Farworld. To find out what types of things or if Kyja and Marcus survive you will just have to read Farworld: Water Keep for yourself.


I have not read a lot of young adult books. I do have to tell you though when I read the summary for FarWorld: Water Keep I thought I will give this book a chance. So glad I did. FarWorld: Water Keep was a good quality book, even if it is classified as a young adult book. The characters in this story were fun and had good personalities. Also I found the storyline to move at an easy pace. The only problem I had was just when the story was getting to the best part the book ended. So all I have to say is book two can’t come out fast enough. For anyone who enjoyed reading the Harry Potter books, and then you will probably like J. Scott Savage’s Far World: Water Keep series. Mr. Savage is going to make a great name for himself with readers of all ages.






Mr. Savage's website


You can purchase the book soon here http://www.shadowmountain.com/products/one/87

Comments

Sarita Leone said…
This looks like a great story! :)
Anonymous said…
I have been hearing so many great comments about this book!
Vickie said…
Lately the YA fantasy books have been more intriguing to me. I have an 11 year old nephew who loves to read almost as much as his Auntie -V- and loves getting YA fantasy books from same cool auntie. I want to read the books before sending them on....actually have done, but don't tell....
This looks good!
Alyce said…
You make the book sound so interesting! Now I really want to read it.
Anonymous said…
You make this sound so good! I didn't realize it was going to be a series so that's great! Thanks for the review.
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net
Elizabeth
Ruth Schaller said…
Sure sounds like a great read. I'll have to try this one.

Thanks for visiting my blog! :)
windycindy said…
Thanks for the review! It sounds like a good one. Please enter me in your drawing. I appreciate it. Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com
hermeslyre said…
I can not wait to read this, for free or not!
Anonymous said…
I want to read this book! It sounds like a pretty good YA fantasy... and the cover is awesome!

Please enter me in the contest!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway