The Likeness

I want to again thank Kate with Penguin for sending me The Likeness by Tana French.




Cassie Maddox is no longer with the Murder Squad. Cassie receives a phone call from her boyfriend, Sam to come down to Glenskehy to view a body. She can’t help but wonder what’s so important about the victim that Sam would call her? Once Cassie arrives in Glenskehy to her surprise and amazement the female victim looks exactly like Cassie. In fact the victim could very well pass as Cassie’s twin. But that’s not the most shocking thing. The id found on the victim says her name was Alexandra “Lexie” J. Madison. Cassie knows that name all too well. Years ago when Cassie worked undercover, she went by the name of Lexie Madison. Now Cassie is living the life of Lexie again. Someone she never thought she would ever have to be again.

I was glad to see that Tana French’s second book The Likeness featured Cassie Maddox this time. Readers got introduced to Cassie in Ms. French’s first novel In the Woods. I thought that Cassie was a very strong character and am pleased to get to know her more. Just like In the Woods, Tana’s writing style never faltered with The Likeness. If anything it got better. With two great books under her belt, Ms. French can be considered a knockout author to watch out for. I can’t wait to see what Tana delivers to her readers next. I hope Tana French’s next book brings back Ryan and Cassie.






Comments

LisaMM said…
Sounds good.. would you say that this book stands alone, or would you need to read In The Woods first to make sense of it?
Cheryl said…
Lisamm -You can read The Likeness as a stand alone book. You do not need to read In the Woods first as they are different books just maybe some of the same characters
Anonymous said…
Oh my gosh! How cool is that? :) Way to go!!
Glad you liked The Likeness. I read her first book and I'm looking forward to this next one.
I've heard these are very good :) Going on my wishlist!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations