Trick My Truck but Don't Mess with My Heart

Happy New Year's everyone. Today is the first day of all the 2009 book challenges. I have signed up for seven currently but might join more as I complete other challenges.


Trick My Truck but Don't Mess with My Heart is the first book I have finished reading for both the 2009 100+ Reading Challenge and the Romance Reading Challenge.





Candie Montgomery has returned home to Pinewood, Kentucky. Pinewood is so small that everyone knows everyone else as well as their business. So when news that Candie’s sister, Sarah and her finance, Nick have broken up, because Candie ends up being the other woman; everyone in town starts shunning her.



Candie is so chocked that she would ever be the other women, especially to her own sister. Besides it’s a little hard to break up anyone when Candie has been living in Chicago for the past two years. Nick and Candie are really close friends. Candie has thought about Nick as someone other then just a friend.


Candie has to find a way to put the rumors to rest…fast. Candie comes up with the idea to have someone play her boyfriend but whom and where is she going to find someone willing to play the part? Tommy Tucker is the town’s heartbreaker. Tommy is easy on the eyes but has the reputation of being a player. When Tommy hears that Candie needs someone to play her boyfriend, he agrees. Candie now has a boyfriend but is it Nick her heart desires?


Oh my gosh, Candie and her sister Sarah are so funny. The adventures they get themselves into are priceless but than you throw in the antics and comments they make and you have pure magic. Candie just goes to show you that you can take the girl out of the county but you can’t get the county out of the girl. I love the fact that the male leads always represent a hunky, male county singer. This time it was Keith Urban in the form of Tommy Tucker. Also another thing I love about these books is the titles like…Trick My Truck but Don’t Mess with My Heart or A Little Less Talk and A Lot More Action. Southern comedies are Luann McLane’s specialty. She serves her books up just right with a plate of humor, romance and a good old time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
OMG! You have a book read and reviewed on the 1st! WOW. I am just starting my first book. I am so slow at reading. (lol)

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway