Book Review: Built by Design

 


She’s off limits, desperately needed by the company.

But I need her too.

Rhett
My hookup with a nameless chick was supposed to ease my mind. Instead, she’s taken up every single thought.

Work is something I’ve always taken seriously. One of the biggest rules? 
Never date an employeeEver. Which is easy when I never date at all. But when my new city girl employee happens to be the one woman I can’t stop thinking about, things get interesting.

Especially considering she’s living with me.

Chiseling my hardened emotions away with her sunshine spirit, there’s something about Tori Lawson I can’t push away, no matter how much I need to.


Tori
I shouldn’t have signed the contract at eighteen tying my fate and trust fund to a business deal.

Every day feels like a ticking time bomb, my freedom slowly fading away.

But when I take a job in the small town, Beechwood Falls, 
a fully tattooed, southern grump is the man who makes me feel like I have forever. Except Rhett Michaels takes his responsibilities and company far too seriously.

There’s only… 
several problems. First, I’ve been in his bed before. Second, I’m living with him. Third—and possibly the biggest—he signs my paychecks.

BUILT BY DESIGN is 
book two in the Beechwood Falls series by Jenna Lockwood. A standalone filled with spice and angst, this dual POV delivers a sizzling HEA.


My Review

If you enjoy slow burn, sweet romances, then you will want to pick up a copy of this book to read. This is a charming, funny, and entertaining read. It is made even better with all of the animals. I mean, who doesn't love animals. 

All of the other characters besides Rhett and Tori, are lovely additions to this story. They did not feel like side characters. Which I enjoyed as they were characters that I would have been friends with if they were real. 

I felt the chemistry between Rhett and Tori. It felt natural the progression of their relationship. This book featured the right amount of spice. After reading this book, I will be checking out more books by Jenna. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Aberrations

Book Giveaway