Book Review: Skin

 


Obsession was a five-letter word. Ten years in the making. And her name was Emily.

But the real question was who was I?

When my pretty little pet leaned forward, offered me a view of her cleavage, and tried to make a deal, I said why the hell not?

Five days. Thirty minutes. She could ask me anything to her heart’s content. Anything but my name. She had to figure that one out on her own.

It should have been easy enough. I was the man she stole from, whose life she ruined, whose future she destroyed.

I was the man she left behind and she was… mine.

SKIN is a dark Rumpelstiltskin retelling and book one in The Renegades Series. Each title is a standalone in an interconnected world while each story is a retelling of a fairy tale, nursery rhyme, fable, etc. The focus is dark romance so please heed the trigger warnings at the beginning of every book.


My Review

This book is like riding a giant tide wave. It will have you trying to hold on as the Sybil takes you on quite the ride with this story. The book is broken out into four parts. The present and past. Each part shows the journey of Emily and Cohen.

Cohen is very morally grey and makes no apologies for his actions. When we first meet Cohen, he seems evil but as the story goes, we see just how unhinged he really is. His obsession for Emily makes him so. 

I felt for Emily and what she was going through. While she may not have voiced it, in her own way she did love Cohen. The situation she found herself in may not have been ideal but every time she acted out in defiance, I cheered. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Aberrations

Book Giveaway