Book Review: Pretend for Me

 

I botched a broody billionaire’s haircut, and what did he ask from me in repayment?
That I become his fake fiancée!

In my defense, my new migraine meds had packed quite the drowsy punch that morning. One minute I was trimming his GQ-worthy locks, and the next, I'd given him a side shave that would make a Marine jealous.

Fast forward through a ticked-off Dev Menon storming out of my salon, threatening legal action, and I’m thinking the day couldn’t get worse.

Except, it does . . .

Dev returns hours later with a wild proposition: “Marry me. Temporarily.”

Turns out his mother’s dying wish is to see him get hitched, and I’m the lucky girl who owes him a debt. The catch? I also have to move in with him to really sell the ruse.

Soon enough, I’m realizing my career isn’t the only thing on the line with my hot-as-Hades fiancé. My heart is, too.

So, I counter with a wilder proposition: a purely physical relationship with three simple rules. No kissing, no sleepovers, and definitely no falling in love.

Except, the more time I spend with him, the harder it becomes to stick to my rules. Dev’s charm, his skilled hands, and his enormous . . . heart are testing my resolve. Even my traitorous cat is smitten.

Did I get more than I bargained for, or am I about to lose this very hairy game of pretend?


My Review

Warning: Do not consume any food or drinks while reading this book as it will cause you to choke from laughter!

Every chapter of this book will cause you to burst out in loud laughter from all of the witty banter and innuendos. It should be mandatory that every romance book feature group chats. The group chats between Dev and the other guys are pure gold! Dean was my favorite in the chats. The comments he would say and the fact that anytime anyone left the chat, he was instantly adding them back to the group chat. 

Piper is my spirit animal. The things she would say to Dev were hilarious. She was the one that used the most innuendos. That and the names of all of the cats and rabbits. Piper may have told Dev not to fall in love with her, but it was already too late, that is after he fell in love with Miss V, the cat. This book is one that you are not going to want to miss out on reading. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Aberrations

Book Giveaway