Book Review: Fire Away

 


What kind of man in his right mind asks a girl out on a date just to make his ex jealous? Warren Farrow, that's who.


I fell for that dimpled smirk, cowboy hat, and magnetic charm. Too bad he saw me as nothing more than a pawn in his scheme.

That alone should have stopped me from asking him to be my fake boyfriend a few weeks later. In my defense, I was out of options after a major screw-up that almost cost me my job. My lack of self-preservation skills didn’t do much to deter me from the idea either.

I may be a walking disaster. But everyone in Westridge knows Warren as the town golden boy who can do no wrong - making him the perfect candidate to repair my reputation and help me avoid getting fired.

The ruse seemed foolproof at first, but one practice kiss was all it took for my defenses to weaken and remember how brightly the spark between us burned.

He wanted me, flaws and all. And my urge to resist him began to disappear when I realized he was bringing out a side of me that felt more worthy and confident than I ever thought possible.

I knew that if I could find the strength to let love in, Warren might be the best thing to ever happen to me. What I didn’t expect was for someone else to rip it all away before we got our chance at the real thing.

Fire Away can be read as a standalone and is Book 2 in the interconnected series, The Bunkhouse. This book is a small town cowboy romance with fake dating, hurt/comfort, and romantic suspense.



My Review

Savannah ending up in jail and having to call Warren to bail her out is one way to get close to a guy. If nothing else, it makes for good conversation. 

Savannah is a bit of a spitfire. Warren was giving me both grumpy and cinnamon roll vibes. These two did share an intimate moment pretty quickly into the story. However, it would be a little while before anything happened again. Yet, Warren did bring the spice where Savannah is concerned. 

The first book was a bit more lighthearted and hilarious, whereas this book was a bit more on the serious side. Still, I did like this book. Looking forward to reading the next book by this author. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Book Giveaway

Aberrations