Book Review: Fighting Fate

 


Risking herself to rescue others. No problem. Risking her heart on love? Problem.


Dada
As a Guild operative, I’ve seamlessly taken on dozens of false identities. Going undercover as a nun? No problem. But when my routine mission turns into a hunt for a vicious serial killer, I’m forced to join forces with Sean Bradford. Problem. The sexy, ex-soccer player doesn’t, for one minute, believe I’m a nun. Too many lives are at stake to tell him the truth. So, why am I struggling to keep the faith?

Sean
Learned a lot since leaving sports to go chase down degenerates. Mostly, how to spot a liar. Not that I need that skill when it comes to Dada. The woman's every shade of hot, knows self-defense, and is a great kisser. Plainly, she's rubbish at being a nun. Still, joining forces with her to take a killer off the streets is a no-brainer. I'd risk Hell itself to stop this lunatic and keep her safe.

As things heat up between Sean and Dada, their search for a serial killer turns into a deadly cat and mouse game. With time running out, they come face-to-face with the truth about each other and an unexpected and vicious murderer.


My Review

This novella really captured my attention. It was like a mini movie playing in my head throughout the whole time I was reading this book. Action packed! Dada and Sean are engaging characters. Diana stroked the right balance between the storyline and the romantic aspect between Dada and Sean. I say this because sometimes I find that the romance while nice can overwhelm the story. 

In this case, it was a nice addition and it felt more believable as to the timing of when Dada and Sean first became intimate. Dada is a strong FMC. I love a strong FMC, who can carry her own. Sean recognized this and assisted vs. having an ego. 

I really liked this book and do plan to check out the other books in this series. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Book Giveaway

Aberrations