Book Review: Where Monsters Hide

 

This wasn’t what I signed up for.

Hell, I don’t ever remember signing up for anything at all, but when there were debts to be paid, and time had run out, I was delivered to Miss May’s doorstep.

The man who had paid a handsome fee to make me his wife was the only person in the world that I ever learned to fear.

It was when he and I first locked eyes that I knew I was in for a worse hell than I could imagine. I never expected the cruelty that accompanied it.

But rage can do something to a heart that once was gentle.

It can do something to someone who was once quiet and full of hope.

It can slowly turn a caged, once-frightened animal into a feral one.

It did because I wasn’t afraid of him anymore, I was determined.

And I was ready to break free.


My Review

Warning: This book is dark. However, if you have read Yolonda, this is no surprise. 

Orla goes through a lot being Kase's wife. It is not always easy to read about the trauma that Orla experiences, despite everything she goes through, she still has fight in her. I cheered for her when she refused to let Kase get a reaction out of her. 

"I know this life isn't what she wants, and she's right about giving the person you love - what they need to be who they want to be in life. It's the ultimate act of love. Freedom."

I did not like Kase in the beginning but as the story progressed, he did show another side to him that lent me too slowly warm up to him. Yolonda sucks me in again with her writing and the emotions she evokes out of me towards the characters in the story.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Book Giveaway

Aberrations