Book Review: Cirque Obscurum

 


Tell me your nightmares. . .


One night changes everything.

Ember doesn’t know how, but on the brink of death, she calls to them. They come in the darkness, like phantoms in masks, and rescue her from her pain. But that rescue comes with a price. Her soul. She must give all she is to the Cirque, where it doesn’t only house you, it owns you.

Nothing is ever as it seems and the truth behind the striped curtain is no small matter. Can Ember keep her vow? Can she embrace the madness the Cirque demands?

After all, the Cirque isn’t just a home for freaks and runaways, but also for those who will kill to protect it. They’ll carve a bloody path through the world, preying on the predators no one else dares to. When the Cirque calls, they answer.

The Cirque demands blood.

It demands payment.

And pay Ember must, with her soul or theirs. . .

Welcome to Cirque Obscurum, where the cards never lie. . .

*Cirque Obscurum is intended for audiences over eighteen and features adult situations, please check the TW list before reading*


My Review

Shouting at the top of my lungs my LOVE for this book. I devoured it. I don't mean just a little, but I literally could not stop reading. I am obsessed with this book. The characters and the world that the authors weaved for this book is amazing. 

Ember made the right choice in joining the cirque. If she had not, she never would have met Diamond, Heart, Spade, and Club. Who as soon as I met them, I fell in love with them. Don't ask me to pick a favorite as all four of them are my favorites. 

The way that they cared and encouraged Ember to be fearless is great. She is their queen. The intimate scenes where spicy but made even more because of the love their shared for Ember. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Book Giveaway

Aberrations