Book Review: When We Were Us

 

After seventeen years away, Timber Forge, Montana is the last place Wrenley Hardcastle ever expected to be again…

Wrenley
My life is a mess, but when I step inside my childhood home, I feel like I can finally breathe. That is, until I run into him. He's less than thrilled to see me, and the feeling is mutual...at first. It isn't long before history and attraction collide, and somewhere underneath his gruff demeanor and perma-scowl, I see the boy l fell in love with at eighteen. Falling for Hank Hayes a second time was never part of the plan. So, why can't I stop thinking about what could have been?

Hank
It’s been seventeen years since she left me standing on a dirt road with the shredded remains of my heart beating wildly out of my chest. Now, Wrenley Hardcastle is back. And with her presence comes feelings I thought I had long ago dealt with. The woman is everything I’ve ever wanted, but couldn't keep. After all these years, I don't want to want her, but the pull between us is stronger than ever. I don’t do feelings. Not anymore. But if that's true, then why can’t I stay away?



My Review
I absolutely loved this book so much. Everything from the characters to the town. I instantly was drawn into this story. Hank definitely was giving grumpy vibes in the beginning but by the end, he redeemed himself. 

While it was about Hank and Wren, I loved Hank's family. They are a very close-knit family. Hank's dad still can make everyone sit up a little taller with respect to him, his mom the matchmaker, and his brothers and sisters are hilarious. 

Back to Hank and Wren. Once they admitted their feelings for each other is when the heat got turned up between them. When Wren gave Hank a new cell phone that was a major upgrade from his flip phone, so they could facetime each other was funny. I look forward to reading the next book in this series. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway