Book Review: Undeclared Heir

 

What would happen if you woke up as the main character in your favourite book?

Maybe not a dark romance story. Perhaps something a little less unalivey? A dash less stalkery? But still has a red flag book boyfriend…

Anna is living her best life as the heroine from the Regency novel she’s reading. Trapped in the book, she risks destroying the story she adores if she falls for James, the prince with plans to become King. Unable to enjoy her alternate reality, she must keep her wits about her—things aren’t always as they seem.

Undeclared Heir is Act 1 in the Expect the Unexpected series, ending on a cliffhanger. It is not intended to be read as a stand-alone. While it is a romantic parody, don’t forget to check your CWs!


My Review

This novella is another great example of Irene's writing. If you are already a fan like me or new to the author, you will enjoy this quick read. Although be warned as this book does end on a cliffhanger. I need the next one now as I need to know what happens! 

While Anna may have her guard up about finding herself transported within the pages of her favorite Regency romance and about to marry a Prince, this sounds like a win to me. I mean, I would not fight too hard if I found myself as the love interest to a book boyfriend or Prince. 

The bedroom scene is one spicy scene. Umm, James using that tongue and d!ck of his. Which I agree with Anna that the description of it was written by a woman. Not that I am complaining. Gimmie more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway