Book Review: Breathless

 

Former model and current recluse Jules Lowe would prefer to spend the rest of her life locked inside her apartment doing nothing more than fixating on her empty fish tank and chatting away on a local aquarium forum. But when her online crush sends her an inadvertently suspicious picture, Jules' curiosity gets the best of her. Who or what is Mack Vasser?

Even Jules’ fear of the outside world can’t stop her from exploring further. And while venturing out to track down Mack is scary enough, discovering he's part-fish, part-man is a shock of a lifetime. Even more shocking is Jules' confusing attraction to him which has her leaving her apartment again and again.

Unfortunately for Jules, she isn't the only person who's aware that creatures like Mack exist. And now that she's gotten herself involved, she's risking not only her feelings, but both their safety, in a world where nobody seems to know who the real monsters are.




My Review


I have read a bunch of Cat's novellas. So, I know she can write. When I saw this newest full-length novel, I could not wait to read it. Honestly, I was expecting a very spicy story, but I was not prepared for the emotional feelings I would have for Jules and Mack.


This book goes deeper than just s@x. as an introvert, I could relate to Jules and Mack. I understood Mack's reasons for staying behind closed doors. For Jules, it was a lot of effort for her to venture out and see Mack. I am proud of her. Learning Mack is endowed in more ways than one is HOT!


In a way, I could see the attraction and did not find it odd at all of Jules and Mack's relationship. I have always been a good swimmer and can hold my breathe a long time underwater. In fact, when I was little my mom would call me a fish. Which also tracks as my astrological sign is a Pisces. 


I really enjoyed this book and hope to see more monster romances from Cat. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway