Book Review: Should Have Known

 

Stone is Harlow’s opposite and the retired hockey player with whom she ends up sharing a bed with…

Showing up to a small town for an author retreat began with a bad arrival at the inn. Stone Madden, the cocky retired hockey star with a tight jawline, and my opposite? He’s actually the man behind a writer I assumed was a recluse. And he’s ready to make my day miserable due to our apparent lack of enthusiasm for one another. But it doesn't take long to discover we click with an inflammable instant attraction. The fire I thought I’d lost inside of me begins to return.

Because of him.

Together, we unlock the unexpected, a strong bond we don’t want to break. There may be distance on a map between us, but our emails and visits bring us even closer. Stone entered my life as the key to healing my emotional wounds and giving me my own love story. But eventually, something has to give, and I’m not sure my heart can handle the risk, even if he won't give up. In retrospect, the moment our eyes first connected, I should have known…Stone and Harlow bring the feels and steam in this he-falls-first and instalove romance. It is the first standalone book in the Lake Spark Inn series, which is part of the Lake Spark world where small-town romance has a hint of hockey.

Author's Like all of my books, Should Have Known is a heartwarming, feel-good romance full of banter and steam. However, it does reference assault from the past (off-page).


My Review

This is the first book I have read by this author, and I can tell you after reading this book that it will not be the last. I really enjoyed the storyline as well as Stone and Harlow. 

There was more to them both than just their professions. You could tell that these two were wounded souls. Yet, within each other they found new beginnings and love. Once Stone and Harlow connected, things heated up. Boy did they ever heat up! 

I was drawn to these two and their story. Yet, they were not the only ones, the rest of the characters felt like main additions as well and not just side characters. I do look forward to continuing this series. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway