Book Review: Cabbage

 


“Does the seed know it must die?” One of Rosemary’s final requests of her husband was to create the garden of her dreams. A place where she could live the remainder of her days in peace. A place that will remind her of her best moments and memories long past. Thomas toils day and night to complete it, but in a moment of carelessness in the cabbage patch, he unknowingly rips the veil between the natural and unnatural. What was meant to be a gift rapidly blossoms into an overwhelming curse—one that unleashes a cornucopia of dread, tension, and fraught. In this short story, C.S. Fritz carries the reader into the dark powers of unresolved resentment, lore, and where hope becomes horror.

My Review

I was drawn to this book by the cover. Once I started reading, I could not stop. I was intrigued by the storyline. It was not what I was expecting in a good way. The horror aspect of this story is one that slowly creeps up on you. 

Instantly, I felt an emotional connection towards Rosemary and her husband. You could feel the love he had for his wife in the way that he cared for her. He did so without complaint. 

The mystery that is the garden is one of amazement and horror. Still undecided on if I would want a garden like this or not. All I can say is that I did not see the ending coming. I do want to check out more books by this author. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway