Book Review: The Curse Breakers

 



What do you do when the gate to hell opens and all the creepy crawlies come rushing out?

I failed.

But that doesn’t mean I’m giving up. My heart may be shattered by Colin’s betrayal, but I refuse to let humanity pay the price.

After a disastrous trip to a self-professed expert in the Lost Colony, I’m running out of ideas.

Taunted by vengeful demons, all I have to fight them is a vague memory of the curse passed through my family and the practically useless information I find on the internet. Every day brings the world closer to being overrun by demons.

I fear I will have to face the god Okeus’s wrath alone until an unexpected offer of help comes from the most unlikely of places. I’m terrified to trust him, but with the fate of the world on the line, how can I say no?

The second book in The Curse Keepers Series ratchets up the romantic tension and raises the stakes to impossible heights as Ellie races to save not just her friends but the world.


My Review

Just like the first book, I dived right into this book. While I was ready to see how the dynamics between Ellie and Collin had changed after the events of the first book ending, I would have to wait a while for this to happen. Although, Collins's presence was never that far away from Ellie.

Ellie is still trying to learn all she can about the curse and how to keep the demons and Okeus from coming after her. She is joined by David, a professor who has knowledge of Native American history. Together they try to figure out how to stop Okeus.

Collin does make an appearance in the last couple of chapters. I look forward to reading book three.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway