DOLLFACE:A Novel of the Roaring Twenties

Vera Abramowitz is like any of the other ladies living in the 1920s. She is trying to survive. She works as a switchboard operator. For a brief period she worked as a jewelry model. She got to dress up in some of the finest jewelry and rub elbows with the rich and famous. It is here that Vera meets the dashing Shep. Shep is a club owner. Along the way Vera starts an affair with the sexy, Tony, a gambler. Tony has stolen Vera's heart.

Vera learns that Tony and Shep are in rival gangs. Vera is in the middle of the biggest gang war. There can only be one winner.

I have read a few books where the stories are based in the 1920s but I never really realized how much I enjoyed this era untl I read this book. This book was an instant hit with me. I was glued to Vera's story. It was like I was transported back in time and was one of the girls.

For me there was one clear winner when it came to the two men in Vera's life. I preferred Shep over Tony. While Tony may have been the bad boy in this story, I liked Shep and the kind mannerism that he protrayed. This is funny as I write this description about Shep. I would never expect to use the word "kind" to describe a gangster. Dollface is a must, must enchanting read!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations