Our Lady of Immaculate Deception




Roxana “Roxy” Marie Abruzzo is in the business of collecting and selling architectural items as part of her salvage business. Roxy’s half brother is New Jersey’s crime boss, Michael Abruzzo. Roxy is trying to break away from her family’s influence and turn straight but it isn’t easy, especially when friends and family come calling. Roxy soon finds herself in over her head, when she feels the need for the five finger discount.

Our Lady of Immaculate Deception is the first book in a new series by author, Nancy Martin. This book turned out to be a bit of a disappointment for me. I was expecting tons of laughs and a rip, roaring good time. This did not happen for me. I had a hard time getting into this book. It started out slow and I even put it down for a while, thinking it will pick up but it never did. I had a really hard time finishing this book. I never connected with the characters and the storyline was kind of weak. I thought it was only me, who felt this way but it appears that many others agreed with me. Though, I didn’t care for this book, I have read good things about Ms. Martin’s other books and am willing to give them a try.

Comments

bookaholic said…
The cover seems like that of a fun book. Sad to hear that it disappointed you..
Becky LeJeune said…
Unfortunately I had the same reaction to this one, Cheryl. And you know what, I think I actually really liked Roxy as a character, but with all of the other characters' perspectives throughout the book, I finally gave up because I wasn't seeing much of her.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations